As some of you might have noticed, I moved away from wordpress and instead
created this plaintext website.
It might seem like an odd choice (and it is), but I have some reasons for this.
Having a plaintext website requires no maintenance. I write something,
upload the files and I'm done.
All I need is a text editor and ssh (or ftp).
What can break? The SSL certificate or the domain name can expire. That's it.
What can break with wordpress? All of the above plus:
- Php version change during updates
- Random new vulnerabilities
- Automatic updates can fail
Plaintext faster than php.
It is much easier to write in plaintext than to try to format things properly
in a web editor.
- The code is small and easy to understand. No surprises here.
- I can use git to make backups of the website. No need for databases!
I'm not very good at styling and I can't be bothered to spend hours making
everything look good. Also, I just like the style of plaintext. <3